Professional Staff Position Wanted - Maintenance Liaison
WRITTEN BY CHRIS KELLEY (Human Resources Manager)
The Central Office is looking for a Maintenance Liaison to join its team. It is a really good resume building job opportunity for a recently graduated BSC member, utilizing knowledge of the co-op, communication abilities, and some practical maintenance skills. If you are interested, this link will provide more details about the Maintenance Liaison position.
General Job Description:
The Maintenance Liaison is responsible for assisting unit-level student managers in meeting BSC and City safety and maintenance guidelines. This position is responsible for training Maintenance Managers, providing ongoing support, and facilitating communication with the central-level. In conjunction with the Operations Manager, the Maintenance Liaison works with all central-level maintenance staff to ensure that units (houses and apartments) have effective maintenance programs, maintain reasonable safety standards, and effectively respond to fire inspection reports and maintenance issues.
New Member Jobs Ahead!
WRITTEN BY TOMI CHUNG (Hiring Committee Chair)
Looking for a job that works with your busy student schedule? Want to get paid $18.00/hr and gain valuable work experience? Look no further! The BSC has you covered! We have a variety of jobs for Spring 2022. Positions will remain open until filled. Please note that most applications are due on December 3 except for Delivery Coordinator and COVID Action Team student leader, which are hiring ASAP. More details can be found at hicom.bsc.coop.
Questions? Please email Tomi Chung, the Hiring Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Member Jobs Starting Spring 2022:
COVID-19 Testing Information and Resources
WRITTEN BY EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (ERT)
The University Health Services offers two types of testing on campus: symptomatic/clinical tests and surveillance/asymptomatic tests. All testing can be ordered online at eTang, where you will be guided to the appropriate testing site.
COVID-19 Booster Shots:
- Johnson and Johnson Booster Shot:
- It is recommended that you get a booster shot 2 months after your initial dose of the vaccine
- Moderna and Pfizer Booster Shots:
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) expanded eligibility on November 19th 2021. It is now available for everyone 18+ who was fully vaccinated at least 6 months ago.
- You are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after your second vaccine dose.
Omicron COVID-19 Variant Discovered in South Africa, First Case in San Francisco Confirmed:
- Approximately 4 days ago, The World Health Organization (WHO) released a statement about the omicron variant. Here is what we know so far:
- The variant has a lot of mutations, some of which are concerning (as they MAY be resistant to current vaccines), but little is known at this time.
- The United States government has banned travelers from 8 countries from Southern Africa
- As of 12/1/2021, it was announced that the first case of the omicron variant was confirmed in San Francisco
- President Biden has stated that This variant is a cause for concern—not a cause for panic.”
Other Resources and UC Berkeley Cases:
- CDC on COVID-19 Effectiveness
- CDC Recommendations on Domestic Travel
- (CDC Recommendations on International Travel
- UHS Website on Testing
2424 Ridge Road, Berkeley, CA 94709
(In front of Casa Zimbabwe)
Central Office: (510) 848-1936
Central Food & Supplies: (510) 549-5969
Central Maintenance: (510) 549-5965
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM