- Join our LinkedIn Group!
- THE BSC IS HIRING!
- COVID-19 Resources and Support
- Do you need someone to talk to or just a good listener?
- CENTRAL OFFICE
All BSC members and graduates are encouraged to join our LinkedIn Group!
- Find out about jobs and opportunities
- Ask alumni to review your resume: "I am a recent graduate and I would be grateful if anyone with experience in ____ would be willing to review my resume!"
- Message other group members for free and request informational interviews: "Hello ___, I am a recent graduate and a BSC alum. I am interested in working in ____. Would you be willing to have a short phone call so I can ask you questions about your experience?"
The BSC is Hiring!
WRITTEN BY CASSIDY MARSTERS (Hiring Committee Chair)
Looking for a job that works with your busy student schedule? Want to get paid $18.00/hr and gain valuable work experience? Look no further! The BSC has you covered! We have a variety of jobs for Fall 2021. Applications are due July 7, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. Details can be found at hicom.bsc.coop. Questions? Please email Cassidy Marsters, the Hiring Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Fall 2021 Positions
- AdCom Assistant
- AdCom Chair
- Administrative Member Advisor
- Central Office Receptionist
- CFS Administrative Assistant
- Conduct Committee Member
- Consent Chair
- DARCom Member
- Delivery Coordinator
- Fenwick Assistant Manager
- Health Education Coordinator
- Health Worker Coordinator
- Hiring Committee Chair
- Hiring Committee Member
- Member Resources Assistant
- Non-Perishables Coordinator
- Operations Crew
- Produce Coordinator
- Proteins Coordinator
- Publications Coordinator
- Recruitment Assistant
- Recruitment Coordinator
- Rochdale/Fenwick Maintenance Crew
- Social Manager Coordinator
- Waste Reduction Coordinator
COVID-19 Resources and Support
WRITTEN BY THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
The ERT is keeping up with the news, in routine contact with our partners at UHS, and actively assessing the BSC’s COVID-19 guidelines. Please direct any vaccine related questions to Emmett at firstname.lastname@example.org and any questions about BSC policy to Mindy at email@example.com. All are welcome to attend ERT office hours every Sunday from 2–4PM [Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/95459224082#success] and/or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Questions or concerns about COVID? Email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about COVID. You will receive a response within normal business hours, if not sooner. We are checking messages over the weekend too! Check out this 1-page guide on what to do if you have symptoms, exposure, or a positive test result.
Do you need someone to talk to or just a good listener?
WRITTEN BY MADELEINE LOH (Development Director)
Russ Button (BSC Member in the 1970s) is a Chaplain Intern at Kaiser Hospital and was recently ordained by The Chaplaincy Institute of Berkeley as an Interfaith Minister and Chaplain. The work of interfaith chaplain is to be a listener for people of all faith traditions and those of no faith tradition as well. It is not the role of chaplain to preach religion, but we are to be present for those who are facing a spiritual crisis such as the grief one has at the death of someone they love—a family member, lover or close friend. Crisis of spirit can also come from questioning the path in life one is walking. Russ Button is available to be present for and listen to BSC members experiencing grief or crisis. Contact Russ Button if you are experiencing grief or crisis.
2424 Ridge Road, Berkeley, CA 94709
(In front of Casa Zimbabwe)
Central Office: (510) 848-1936
Central Food & Supplies: (510) 549-5969
Central Maintenance: (510) 549-5965
Business Hours: Monday–Friday 10 a.m.–5 p.m.