- Fall 2021 General Membership Meeting Sunday, November 21, 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Need a job?
- Attention CalFresh/SNAP Recipients
- COVID-19 Testing
- Committee Meetings and Office Hours
- CENTRAL OFFICE
Fall 2021 General Membership Meeting Sunday, November 21, 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The General Membership Meeting (GMM) has been scheduled for Sunday, November 21, from 3:00p.m. to 6:30p.m. PDT
The GMM is an opportunity for members to hear the latest update from the Board and to offer their feedback and guidance on next steps that the BSC as a whole should take. This Fall, we will also be brainstorming items and objectives to include for the 2021-2024 Strategic Plan.
In preparation, please also fill out the following Pre-GMM survey. This survey will be useful for offering feedback even if you can't attend the GMM itself. We will try to offer CI hours for completing the survey!
To participate, please join via the following Zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86019782767
Come when you can, leave when you must!
Non-Executive Cabinet Member #1
Rochdale Board Rep. #3
On behalf of BSC Board of Directors
Need a job?
WRITTEN BY TOMI CHUNG (Hiring Committee Chair)
Looking for a job that works with your busy student schedule? Want to get paid $18.00/hr and gain valuable work experience? Look no further! The BSC has you covered! We have a variety of jobs for Spring 2022. Positions will remain open until filled. Details can be found at hicom.bsc.coop. Questions? Please email Tomi Chung, the Hiring Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Spring 2022 Positions:
- Accounting / Costing Assistant
- Central Office Receptionist
- Conduct Committee Member
- Consent working group member
- COVID Action Team Student Leader**
- Rochdale Assistant Manager
** Urgently Hiring
Attention CalFresh/SNAP Recipients
Museums for All (https://museums4all.org/) is an initiative of the Institute of Museum and Library Services to admit CalFresh/SNAP/food stamp recipients and up to three guests to participating museums for $3 or less, total.
Here are the steps to access this resource:
- FIND A MUSEUM NEAR YOU Visit a participating museum any day during all normal operating hours
- TAKE YOUR EBT CARD AND ID Admission is $3 or less for up to four people per EBT card
- ENJOY There’s no limit—go to as many participating museums as you like, as many times as you like!
Museums participating in Museums for All will accept SNAP EBT cards from any state. If you live in one state, but want to visit a participating museum in a different state, you can!
TIP: The Exploratorium in San Francisco participates in Museums for All, including on their After Dark Thursday Nights for guests ages 18 and up. They allow five people admission with one person's EBT card and matching ID.
WRITTEN BY EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (ERT)
- UC Berkeley offers free surveillance testing for registered UC Berkeley students at the RSF. In order to get tested, you have to schedule an appointment through the etang portal. Instructions for scheduling appointments.
- For Free COVID-19 testing resources.
- We strongly encourage BSC members to test if exposed or presenting with symptoms related to COVID-19. We are encouraging testing to mitigate the risk of transmission within the household. We want to make sure that we take precautions for the health and safety of our fellow community members.
- The BSC urges all members to get vaccinated, if they can. We do not require vaccination, nor will staff or managers collect private medical information from members or their guests.
Committee Meetings and Office Hours
Rafael Grillo, one of BSC's Non-Executive Cabinet Members (NECMs) wanted to share with you the following list of resources to access Committee Meeting discussions and to be able to contact Cabinet members at Central level. This resource, still under construction, includes information on Standing and Ad Hoc Committee Meetings and office hours. This document will be updated on a regular basis so be sure to check back regularly! BSC Resource Sheet
2424 Ridge Road, Berkeley, CA 94709
(In front of Casa Zimbabwe)
Central Office: (510) 848-1936
Central Food & Supplies: (510) 549-5969
Central Maintenance: (510) 549-5965
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM