OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
Secure and safe housing for students is more important than ever. The Berkeley Student Cooperative is taking measures to comply with the latest health advisories from federal and local health officials (including UC Berkeley and the City of Berkeley) for “congregate housing facilities”:
- We have reduced maximum occupancy across our organization.
- We have reserved rooms and apartments for quarantining and self-isolation.
- All new members are subject to sequestration and other safety measures to minimize risk to the community.
- Masks and social distancing are required in common areas. We have also restricted or eliminated communal activities.
- We have instituted self-isolation protocols for both suspected and confirmed COVID cases. When a student tests positive for COVID-19, they are relocated to a separate apartment to self-isolate while they recover. Our staff coordinates food, supplies, and medical attention. The affected house also enters tailored quarantine protocols and works closely with our Emergency Response Team and UC Berkeley/City health officials to minimize risk to others and determine when it is safe to lift the quarantine.
RESOURCES FOR BSC MEMBERS
- BSC members are encouraged to review the BSC Co-Living Policy and BSC Health & Safety Protocols.
- All BSC members are encouraged to get regularly tested for COVID-19.
- We understand that many BSC members may be experiencing financial challenges. Members who have difficulty paying BSC rent are encouraged to reach out to our Accounting Department for help, guidance, and payment arrangements. Please contact email@example.com for more information.