Office Closed During Winter Break
Office will be closed to the public during winter break from December 18, 2023 through January 3, 2024. During this closure, the Professional Staff Employees are expected to work their normal business schedule unless they have submitted a request for vacation time off, and it has been approved by their manager.
Building Alumni Connections Can Support Current Members and Help Us Raise Money!
WRITTEN BY PORTIA LEWIS (Events Management and Alumni Relations Consultant)
& ELISSA ROY (Development and Alumni Relations Consultant)
- Have you considered that each of you will be a BSC alum at some point? Our alumni love their time in the BSC and not only love to get together, they want to meet you. To support that, the BSC Alumni Association (BSCAA) wants to welcome you to join as soon as you graduate with free membership for your first year after graduation! With very affordable rates beyond that, the Association also has a policy that No One is Turned Away For Lack of Funds.
- Want to learn what the BSCAA is about? Come to the BSC Alumni Association Annual Member Meeting (RSVP for free) in Rochdale's ICE Room on Saturday December 9th at 10 am!
- Even as our 90th Anniversary year is coming to a close, your house can host alumni events any semester. Now that you're part of the BSC's legacy, we hope you'll participate in strengthening alumni relationships for the long term. Fill out this Google form to let us know how you want to be involved in our fundraising & alumni engagement efforts!. Every house has $200 per semester for alumni events.
- The Berkeley Repertory Theatre has a new show out, so if you haven't yet gone, check out their latest show "The Cult of Love"! Current members can attend a Berkeley Repertory Theatre show at a half-price rate this season by using code BSC50 or by following this link!
- How is this possible?! One of our alumni helped found the Berkeley Rep! This offer does not include opening nights and is limited to 1 discounted ticket per person.
- We're planning an Alumni event at Kingman Hall in January 2024 to celebrate the reopening of the house! We'll feature the creek restoration work, help restore some murals, and generally fill the house with warmth as residents return! Reach out to Portia if you want to help with any part of the event.
Two co-op alums, Portia Lewis & Elissa Roy, are helping with all these efforts. Reach out to them directly if you want any more info or just to talk! Portia Lewis email@example.com; Elissa Roy firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for BSC Jobs!
WRITTEN BY JAE MANN (HiCom Chair)
Reduce your rent or workshift! [$22/hr]
Opportunity to BUILD NEW SKILLS & meet people at other co-ops
Questions? Email HICOM@BSC.COOP
We are looking for people who have been House Managers to apply for Member Resource Assistant. We are also seeking those who have been house level habitability coordinators to be the central level habitability coordinator.
If you've previously applied and see a new position you would like to be considered for, please email email@example.com about what new positions you're interested in.
- POSITIONS URGENTLY NEEDED!!!
- Central Food Services
- Conduct Committee Chair
- Conduct Committee Member (4)
- Conduct Member Advisor (1)
- Restorative Justice Practitioner (3)
- Development and Alumni Relations Committee Member (2)
- Development Data Coordinator
- Hiring Now for Fall 2024: Publications Coordinator
- Hiring Now for Fall 2024: Development Associate
- Member Resources
- SPRING 2024: Network Manager Coordinator
- Central-Level Habitability Coordinator (1)*
- Operations Crew Member(2)
Want to get Board, Cabinet and Committee Updates, Meeting Agendas, and Announcements?
Come join the Members At Large listserv if you are interested in learning about the discussions that take place at Board, Cabinet and Committee spaces and receive Board updates, agendas and announcements. Please click the following link to join or rejoin as the listserv was recently reset:
Giovanni Smith, Housing Supervisor will be holding regular Advising/Office Hours on Tuesdays from 3pm-6pm.
Messages from the Webmaster
Got an edit for one of our sites? Fill out the Webmaster Work Request Form (Google Form)
Who's this question for?
2424 Ridge Road, Berkeley, CA 94709
(In front of Casa Zimbabwe)
Central Office: (510) 848-1936
Central Food & Supplies: (510) 549-5969
Central Maintenance: (510) 549-5965
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM