“May you celebrate the thanksgiving day with love in your heart, prosperous vision in your mind, and gratitude in your being.
Thanksgiving wishes to everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!”
Think the BSC Could Use More Money? So Do We! Join in on the BSC's Fundraising & Alumni Engagement Efforts!
WRITTEN BY PORTIA LEWIS (Events Management and Alumni Relations Consultant)
& ELISSA ROY (Development and Alumni Relations Consultant)
- You can personally support the BSC's Alumni engagement & fundraising efforts! The BSC's Central Office is urgently hiring three paid Development and Alumni Relations positions!
- You can get your Community Improvement hours requirement met by helping reach out to donors to renew their giving! Remember, one of the main reasons our alumni give back is to support YOU and they are always thrilled to hear from you. Elissa and Portia can support you with this in December after the November holidays.
- As you know, this year is the 90th Anniversary of the BSC! There are still ample opportunities to celebrate! You're now part of this legacy so we hope you'll also participate so we can strengthen alumni relationships for the long term. Fill out this Google form to let us know how you want to be involved in our fundraising & alumni Engagement Efforts!. Every house has $200 per semester for alumni events.
- Current members can attend a Berkeley Repertory Theatre show at a half-price rate this season by using code BSC50 or by following this link! How is this possible?! One of our alumni helped found the Berkeley Rep! This offer does not include opening nights and is limited to 1 discounted ticket per person.
- Stay tuned for details about an Alumni event at Kingman Hall in support of their transformative Creek Restoration Project! Fill out this Google form to receive the Creek Restoration Project newsletter. Follow the Creek Restoration Project Instagram account.
- The BSC Board Reps, Staff, and the President (Portia Lewis) & the Vice President of the BSCAA (V. Nedeltchev) attended NASCO's Flagship Institute Nov 10-12th! Attend the BSC's next Board meeting to hear more about what we learned!
- Two co-op alums, Portia Lewis & Elissa Roy, are helping with all these efforts. Reach out to them directly if you want any more info or just to talk! Portia Lewis email@example.com; Elissa Roy firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for BSC Jobs!
WRITTEN BY JAE MANN (HiCom Chair)
Reduce your rent or workshift! [$22/hr]
Opportunity to BUILD NEW SKILLS & meet people at other co-ops
We are looking for people who have been House Managers to apply for Member Resource Assistant. We are also seeking those who have been house level habitability coordinators to be the central level habitability coordinator.
If you've previously applied and see a new position you would like to be considered for, please email email@example.com about what new positions you're interested in.
ATTENTION!! POSITIONS URGENTLY NEEDED!!!
Central Food Services
- Conduct Committee Chair
- Conduct Committee Member (4)
- Conduct Member Advisor (1)
- Restorative Justice Practitioner (3)
Development and Alumni Relations
- SPRING 2024: Network Manager Coordinator
- Central-Level Habitability Coordinator (1)*
- Operations Crew Member (2)
Want to get Board, Cabinet and Committee Updates, Meeting Agendas, and Announcements?
Come join the Members At Large listserv if you are interested in learning about the discussions that take place at Board, Cabinet and Committee spaces and receive Board updates, agendas and announcements. The listserv was recently reset, so you may need to rejoin if you were already a member.
Giovanni Smith, Housing Supervisor will be holding regular Advising/Office Hours on Tuesdays from 3pm-6pm.
Messages from the Webmaster
Got an edit for one of our sites? Fill out the Webmaster Work Request Form (Google Form)
Who's this question for?
2424 Ridge Road, Berkeley, CA 94709
(In front of Casa Zimbabwe)
Central Office: (510) 848-1936
Central Food & Supplies: (510) 549-5969
Central Maintenance: (510) 549-5965
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM