Want to get Board, Cabinet and Committee Updates, Meeting Agendas, and Announcements?
WRITTEN BY ZOE WAN (Board and Executive Assistant)
Come join the Members At Large listserv if you are interested in learning about the discussions that take place at Board, Cabinet and Committee spaces and receive Board updates, agendas and announcements.
Please reach out to our Non-Executive Cabinet Members Vicente Gonzalez (he/him), Rochdale Board Rep-1 at email@example.com and Loralí Murcia Santángel (they+), Oscar Wilde (Johnson-Rivera) Board Rep at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on how to get involved.
Participate in BSC's Fundraising & Alumni Engagement Efforts
WRITTEN BY PORTIA LEWIS (Events Management and Alumni Relations Consultant)
& ELISSA ROY (Development and Alumni Relations Consultant)
- As you know, this year is the 90th Anniversary of the BSC! There are still ample opportunities to celebrate! You're now part of this legacy so we hope you'll also participate so we can strengthen alumni relationships for the long term. Fill out the 90th Anniversary Participation Interest Google form to let us know how you want to be involved. Every house has $200 per semester for alumni events.
- November is Thank-a-Donor month for our alumni relations efforts, so we'll be hosting a few Thank-a-thon events in Central Office's Conference Room! Fill out the Thank-A-Thon Sign Up Google Form to sign up!
- Students who participate can be compensated at the workshift rate IF you get your paperwork & training done at the central level. Speak to Shawn the HR Manager about this by emailing email@example.com! Otherwise, you can meet your Community Improvement Hours requirement with these events and prevent a $25 fine for not fulfilling your CI hours.
- Current members can attend a Berkeley Repertory Theatre show at a half-price rate this season by using code BSC50 or by following this link! How is this possible?! One of our alumni helped found the Berkeley Rep! This offer does not include opening nights and is limited to 1 discounted ticket per person.
- Stay tuned for details about an Alumni event at Kingman Hall in support of their transformative Creek Restoration Project! Fill out this Google form to receive the Creek Restoration Project newsletter. Follow the Creek Restoration Project Instagram account.
- Thank you to everyone who attended the 90th Anniversary Gala on Oct 21 at International House! What a truly spectacular evening - keep an eye out for an article about the Gala and some features of our incredible Alumni in the 'Cooperatively Yours' Newsletter in December.
- Two co-op alums, Portia Lewis & Elissa Roy, are helping with all these efforts. Reach out to them directly if you want more info, have questions, or just to chat! Portia Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org & Elissa Roy email@example.com
Apply for BSC Jobs!
WRITTEN BY JAE MANN (HiCom Chair)
Reduce your rent or workshift! [$22/hr]
Opportunity to BUILD NEW SKILLS & meet people at other co-ops
Questions? Email HICOM@BSC.COOP
We are looking for people who have been House Managers to apply for Member Resource Assistant. We are also seeking those who have been house level habitability coordinators to be the central level habitability coordinator.
If you've previously applied and see a new position you would like to be considered for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org about what new positions you're interested in.
- POSITIONS URGENTLY NEEDED!!!
- Central Food Services
- Conduct Committee Chair
- Conduct Committee Member (4)
- Conduct Member Advisor (1)
- Restorative Justice Practitioner (3)
- Member Resources
- SPRING 2024: Network Manager Coordinator
- Central-Level Habitability Coordinator (1)*
- Operations Crew Member (2)
Giovanni Smith, Housing Supervisor will be holding regular Advising/Office Hours on Tuesdays from 3pm-6pm.
Messages from the Webmaster
Got an edit for one of our sites? Fill out the Webmaster Work Request Form (Google Form)
Who's this question for?
2424 Ridge Road, Berkeley, CA 94709
(In front of Casa Zimbabwe)
Central Office: (510) 848-1936
Central Food & Supplies: (510) 549-5969
Central Maintenance: (510) 549-5965
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM